الأحد، 19 أبريل 2009

Strange Food



I think talking about the strangest food is really interesting. Although I don’t have a lot of things to say. Actually I am not that kind of a person who likes to try strange food. I think meeting people from different countries and also the media or the internet gave me some information about strange food and sometimes it is really disgusting. We used in Saudi Arabia to have a maid for housework. One time, I saw her catching cockroaches and after grilling them, she ate them. Also I saw by email people in restaurants cook dogs and eat them. These are examples of disgusting food. In my country, there is a season in the year where locust spread .It also becomes a season of market place. In this time people start catching the locust and sell them. Everyone has his own way of cooking them. Some like them grilled and others fried. Actually, I noticed that only old people like them. They say that the locust has a high nutritional value. So, one day I saw my mother and father eating the locust. I heard its voice ,it was crunchy. So I decided to try one and I did. It wasn’t bad but only the idea that I am eating locust makes me crazy!! .My wife was so scared, she wasn’t looking at them even that they were cooked and on the dishes. Although, we might find it strange to eat locust but that season really becomes so special and different. I think strange food depends on the person himself. I might find some food strange and others not. As for me eating pork or bacon is very strange!. While people in America find it delicious. Moreover, strange food include the drinks too. We have a lot of different kinds of drinks such as some people drink hot water mixed with orange and lemon with some sugar. Also, we have a drink called sour and sweet its color is red .It can be either hot or cold. Usually the cold for the occasions. Finally, this topic is really wonderful and I think I am going to read what my classmates wrote.

هناك تعليق واحد:

  1. Be careful about some of your classmates blogger. There are some really gross topics...beware of the Chinese and Taiwanese students blogs 

    ردحذف